Who doesn't love a good laugh, especially in between long boring office conference! Standup comedy is becoming an extremely popular form of entertainment with the increasing popularity of groups like AIB and Laughter Club. More Corporates have now started including Standup comedy as entertainment even in their annual R&R's and Townhalls.
In this past year, corporate bookings for comedians have shot up by over 50%. So if you want to find a Comedian for your next Corporate event, we are happy to help you pick the right one. Here are 5 things to keep in mind when booking a Comedian for your organisation:
1. Audience Type: Is your audience mostly Freshers or Senior Management? One may like college jokes, the other may like mature humor. Most people want to book a comedian that is famous but content is what truly matters. First, we must understand the type of audience and what works for them.
2. Content: A major concern for organizations is not to offend anyone. On the other hand, some may prefer R+ content or adult humor. Most comedians usually use only clean content for a corporate event but a preference for the same should be specified if needed.
3. Comedian: For the event to be an absolute success, both the audience and the comedian must have fun! To ensure that happens, comedians sometimes have few terms and conditions that need to be followed. At the end of the day, having a good lighthearted time is the theme!
4. Time slot: This one is critical - whether you place the comedian in the start, middle or end of an event. A common mistake is dividing the performance into segments. While some comedians will not mind this, they usually prefer not to, as it kills their flow and audience engagement.
5. Money Matters: Now let’s get down to business, literally. StarClinch understands that corporates work with a budget and hence we offer options in every price range. With the best huge database of artists for every budget, let us do all the work so that you can sit back and enjoy the show!
With these pro tips and our market experts by your side, we guarantee you a successful event!